So much anxiety waiting for decisions

I applied to 10+ programs in electrical engineering and so far have only received a few rejections. I obsessively check my email and everything online and I can’t focus on anything else. I try to distract myself but nothing works. I was already not so confident about my chances starting out and now I have a sinking feeling I won’t get in anywhere.

Does anyone have any tips for dealing with all the stress? Anything to help ease the anxiety would be great…

1 Like

I totally feel ya. I only allow myself to check anything online once a day (normally in the morning) and I turned off notifications for email on my phone. I also try to see friends and be around people as much as possible. Nothing completely helps but things here and there to distract myself do help ease the anxiety a bit

The waiting definitely is the hardest part :disappointed_relieved:. I think @nats ’ advice is great. I would also reach out for an update if it’s been a while and if that would help ease your anxiety a bit. For me personally I like to have daily rituals that help take my mind off things a bit such as going for walks, having a solo dance party, cooking or baking, have a quick work out, reading etc.