Should I keep looking for PM roles or start with SWE?

I’m currently interviewing for PM positions but my background is in cs. I’m trying to figure out if I should also interview for SWE positions but I had ruled it out before since I thought the PM path is more interesting to me. I also don’t think I’d do as well in the more individual and less people-focused role of swe, as most of the time you’re prob working alone.

BUT, my interviews for PM jobs aren’t really going anywhere and it seems it’s much more difficult to land a PM role straight from undergrad than an SWE job. Not sure if this is bc of the higher demand for SWEs because there are more SWEs than PMs in any given company. Anyway, my question is should I start looking for SWE jobs too and then make the transition into PM later? Or is it too hard to make that transition since so many people want to do it?

I believe the ratio of PMs to SWEs is around 1:10 and there are a lot of SWEs trying to become PMs. I do think it is harder to do that so if you can get a PM role from the get go, do it. Especially if you know you’d prefer that job to SWE

Correct me if I’m wrong, PMs are more replaceable than SWEs though so you may want to consider that as well. Plus, the forward in terms of salary is not as good for PMs