Morgan Stanley GCM Insight Day 101

In regards to this insight day, it mentions a fast track to the assessment centre for the SA role. Can anyone let me know whether this is a guaranteed fast track or how this works?

Assuming you’re referring to spring weeks in London, I’ve done 3 spring weeks myself at Citi, Credit Suisse and UBS a few years ago. I’m pretty sure the other banks have the same process, as I have friends who interned at other firms. The duration of the program is anywhere from 3days-2 weeks (GS is 2 weeks I think) and it’s basically an extended super day. There will be a lot of talks by global heads and MDs, workshops, presentations on different divisions, trading games/simulations of what you would do, case studies, and possible shadow people for a few hours. Spring weeks do not guarantee an SA spot. You’re basically getting assessed by HR the entire time (they might even ask you to redo the OA to make sure you’re the one who did it) and at the end of the program, you may have 1-4 interviews and they’ll use all this info to decide whether to give you a SA offer. For instance, I got a summer internship offer more than a year in advance because of the spring week. The goal of the spring internships is to secure a spot in the SA program well ahead of the regular schedule, while getting an overview of the company’s business.