Is consulting the only solution?

I still don’t know what industry/position I want to join? People tell me to work at a consulting firm to help me figure out what I wanna do. All my friends who have done consulting complain about the really poor work life balance and traveling. Knowing me, I would hate the consulting culture and lifestyle. Are there any other options that aren’t consulting that could help me figure things out? sorry if my question doesn’t really make that much sense haha

1 Like

Consulting can bring you more visibility. You will have the chance to work on different assignments with different sectors and different jobs. This will help you discover what you like and what you don’t like.
To answer your question about the quantity of work, I confirm that, consulting or not, during your first 2 years you should get involved as much as possible to make yourself stand out and especially to learn and evolve in what you do.
Finally, it is true that some firms work harder than others (but are better paid of course :p). I would advise you to choose firms that take into account the balance between life and personal life by reading the feedbacks of the employees.

1 Like

@ConsultingGuru Thank you!