Does it hurt my chances to apply to summer internship immediately after a company posts it?

I was wondering whether it hurts your chances to apply to internships when they’re first posted as opposed to towards the end. Do hiring managers look at the resumes/applications all at once so are more likely to ignore the ones that were sent in earlier? I just want to know if it’s bad to apply right when a company lists the internship this is for finance btw. Thanks!

2 Likes

Actually the opposite is likely true! most banks look at resumes on a rolling basis and if they see a resume they like they will decide to interview you then instead of waiting till the end to interview everyone all at once.
some banks even start interviewing people more than a year before the internship begins and this process is only starting earlier and earlier.

3 Likes

Is this the case for consulting?

The general rule of thumb for consulting summer internships is to apply at least 1 semester-a year before the summer when you want to do the internship. Big consulting firms like to wrap up recruitment early to ensure they got the best candidates. Also be sure to check individual company websites since lots of companies are moving up their timelines/deadlines this year.

1 Like