Consulting interview success, how good do you have to be?

I’m currently preparing for consulting interviews (I have one coming up very soon) and I was wondering how good do you have to be to move on/get an offer? If the responses in books like case in point are what are considered perfect or excellent, how close would I have to be to that to be successful? If anyone has any experience on what the standards and expectations are please lmk!!

It does happen that there are candidates who excel in interviews and answer in a way that is very on par with what is found in books like Case In Point. That being said, that is not the expectation for everyone who gets hired and usually interviewers are very nice and will guide you during the interview, especially if they feel like you’re struggling a bit. It’s good to aim to be as good as possible but the most important part is that you prepare well, you’re confident and that you show that you’re making an effort and that you’re passionate about the field.

They just wanna know how you think and that you can work things out logically. IMO a lot of it is behavioral and the way you present your answers