Anyone do an internship at their dream company?

What was your experience? Did it change how you see the company? rn, a SWE summer internship at Apple sounds amazing but not sure if it’s worth all the effort to try and most likely not get it

1 Like

So I did a SWE internship at Microsoft last year. I wouldn’t say it was my DREAM company but I def wanted it a lot and was so excited about it. The experience was good, I learned alot but it’s not always what you expect. Things are not as glamorous as they seem and there are some pretty shit people you have to deal with who don’t wanna help you. I guess this is the case with anything lol but I say still go for it, you never know what could happen and even if you don’t like it, a place like Apple is a great springboard to other roles or companies

This is not personal experience and not exactly SWE but my sister did a summer at GS and loved it. She said she loved the people and her manager was really great and taking the full time was a no brainer. It was her no1 choice all along and she tried to network and really prep for the interview. Not sure if this is helpful

1 Like

did you get a full time offer? are you going to look for other companies bc you didn’t like it as much?